Grade 6 PEP Science CBT Content Outline
The PEP Science Curriculum Based Test is constructed to target three areas:
- Core Concepts
- Science Practices
- Crosscutting concepts.
in the study
I will know that I have learned when I can:
- Formulate a definition of the environment.
- Justify the importance of conserving the natural environment.
- Outline the effects of human activities on the environment.
- Investigate features/ soils of different environments.
- Recognise the need for and importance of conserving living things and the environment to sustain the balance in the ecosystem.
- Show concern for the impact of humans on the environment.
- Show responsibility to preserve the environment.
- Observe, collect and record information regarding the interacting factors within an environment.
- Formulate a simple working definition of climate change.
- Use evidence from everyday local/regional/international situations to explain the effects of climate change on humans.
- Explore ways of reducing factors that cause climate change.
- Propose measures to reduce/eliminate selected sources of solid waste pollution.
- Describe the factors that cause soil degradation.
- Explain how soil degradation can be prevented.
- Show concern for the impact of environmental problems on humans.
- Show responsibility for carrying out good environmental practices.
Source "STUDENT CAMPS 2022 SCIENCE BOOKLET GRADE SIX CURRICULUM